Carlos Fernando dos Santos Lima
Associate since March 2022
Carlos Fernando dos Santos Lima is an attorney-at-law (Brazilian Bar Association – OAB/PR 98.830) working in the areas of Compliance, Internal Investigations, Monitoring, White Collar Crimes, Crisis Management, and Collaboration & Leniency Agreements. He worked as a prosecutor from 1995 to 2019, as well as a member of the Lava Jato Task Force from 2014 to 2018 in Curitiba, being responsible for investigations of white collar crimes at Petrobras, and retired in March 2019 as Regional Prosecutor of the Republic in the Regional Republic Attorney Office (PRR) of the 3rd Region. From 2003 to 2006, he was a member of the Banestado/CC5 Task Force, the largest white collar crime investigation in the country before Operation Lava Jato. He was responsible for drafting and concluding the first Collaboration &Leniency Agreements by the Brazilian Public Prosecutor's Office, among which the agreements with Camargo Correa, Odebrecht, Gol, and Rolls Royce stand out. He gives lectures and training in compliance, internal investigations, collaboration & leniency agreements, money laundering and anti-corruption. He has been granted the following awards for his professional performance:
• 2015 Global Investigations Review (GIR) Award – New York – USA, in the category “criminal prosecution body or prosecutor of the year”
•2016 AJUFE Prize, for good practices for the efficiency of Federal Justice
• 2016 IV Republic Award - hors concours for exemplary performance in the fight against corruption with the Lava Jato Task Force initiative.
• 2016 Award from the National Council of Public Prosecutors (CNMP), in the “Corruption Reduction” category
• 13th Innovare Award, in the Public Prosecution category
• 2016 Anticorruption Prize of the non-governmental organization (NGO) Transparency International – Panama – 2016
• 2017 Award from the Global Investigations Review (GIR) – New York – USA, in the category “criminal prosecution body or prosecutor of the year”
• 2017 Allard International Integrity Award Finalist – Canada
Special Achievement Award 2018 from the International Association of Prosecutors (IAP).